Continued from yesterday.
Let me start today by saying that I should have prefaced all this by saying that I only have elevations of the buildings (no floor plans, no sections, no details); the elevations don't have any dimensions. I should have also clarified the purpose and "LOD" of the model (purpose - for a preliminary pre-schematic estimate; LOD - minimal).
I started by modeled Building 2; it wasn't too hard.
Then I moved on to Building 3. Building 3 was slightly more complicated than Building 2, mostly because of the roof shape. After several attempts at trying to perfectly recreate the roof of Building 3, I got cranky. I had opened the SketchUp model to better visualize the buildings, so I started to rotate the model - play a little. I'm not used to SketchUp, so I ended up click on the building instead of rotating around it.
That's when I realized that I had selected the building. I got an idea. I type CTRL + C, CRTL + N, CRTL + V. I had create a SketchUp file with only Building 3 in it.
In Revit, I repeated the steps I used yesterday to import the SketchUp model as a mass. It worked.
I continued my experiment by clicking Roof by Face on the Mass design bar. Then I clicked a few of the roof surfaces on the imported mass.
After getting the "hard part" done, I modeled the walls, windows and doors of Building 3 myself.
After that I continued modeling other buildings in the same manner. 11 buildings down. 24 to go.
So having the SketchUp model ended up being a lot of help after all; although I don't understand why an architect would waste their time modeling in SketchUp when they could spend the same amount of time and model in Revit.
However...I'm still waiting for the BIM file format.