Over the next week or so, I will share (almost) everything that I learned at this meeting, withprobably more detail than anyone wants to hear. But while I'm still here, I want to communicate some of the topics that the BIMForum has discussed here. We have talked about a lot of exciting ideas that will help fulfill our mission statement; there is going to be a lot of activity over the next 6 - 12 months (and probably even further in the future).
Some of those topics are:
- Case studies in fabrication, collaboration and clash detection from GE Johnson, Sundt and Findorff.
- Recommendations for tools within existing software programs.
- Past BIM successes and disappointments of all attendees
- Presentations from Autodesk and Bentley on their current solutions and where the software is going
- Future software training sessions
- Future non-disclosure software meetings
- The idea of "the model",
- BIM curriculum development, and most importantly
- the BIM Process (who should model what..and when)