Pretty much copy & pasted from Dmitri's email blast:
For our October 2 &3 meeting in Falls Church Virginia, we would like to solicit your input and participation. The theme of this meeting is "How are interface points established in order to allow the Building Information Models to evolve?"
The membership of the BIMForum has a significant range of expertise and knowledge in this area, which we would like to highlight through a diverse set of presentations and discussions.
Ideally we would like presentations that cover the following aspects:
- What agreements are made? And how the agreements are represented and checked for compliance?
- What is the content that the different parties provide? What are the interfaces with respect t Content/Scope, Format, Level of fidelity, Level of detail?
- What is the process map for the model / information exchanges?
- What transfer mechanisms exits between the parties?
- What are the feedback mechanisms in the model evolution process?
- Viewpoints from different disciplines: designers, contractors, subcontractors, MEP, Pre-cast, Structural, Curtain wall.
- Design practices e.g. model freezes, modeling standards.
- Maps of the delivery processes/
- How big of a problem are exchanges in the industry? How formal of a process do we need to have or are we just intuitively doing the right thing?
- Examples of what works, what does not work.
If you are interested in presenting on this topic, please download and fill out the PDF form and submit it by August 29th, 2008.
Instructions to for using the form:
To download the PDF Form click here: http://www.magnetmail.net/images/clients/agca/attach/BFCall4PropF2008.pdf
The linked form is a fill-in enabled Acrobat PDF. Please save to your desktop. Please open from Acrobat Pro 6.0 or later or the FREE Acrobat Reader 8.0 or later. If you don't have Acrobat Reader, please go to www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html to download and install the latest version Reader 9.0. Open the document from the program.
Once the document is open, please SAVE AS using your company name + BFF2008 (Example: TocciBFF2008). Fields can be made visible or invisible by selecting the Highlight Fields button in the upper right hand corner of the form.
Please save your completed form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org